Transform your living room to a cosy haven with these on-trend winter interior ideas.
With winter comes the overwhelming urge to stay home and hibernate and to do that you need warm, inviting winter interior decor!
As the temperature drops, warm up your living space with some on-trend decorative tweaks that will create a cosy vibe that will keep you warm throughout the winter months.
Decorative ideas to warm up your home this winter
- Curtains. Long thick curtains will ooze elegance and add that cosy-winter-warmth to your living space. Curtains are easily replaceable as the seasons change making them an easy way to alter the space depending on the season.
- Throws and layers. Use throws and cushions to add layers to your furnishing to make sofas a super cosy spot to sink into when it starts to get cool.
- Rugs. Rugs add an element of underfoot comfort that sets off a living area and adds warmth and texture. You can even layer rugs on top of each other!
- Go dark and daring with colour. If you ever wanted to go darker, winter is the time to do it and what better way to create a cosy living space. Balance rich earthy tones like black, navy and brown with pops of timber and white to ensure your room isn’t too dark and will see you past winter.
- Bring your fireplace fantasy to life. Flames conjure a sense of warmth and romance and on a chilly evening there is nothing better than cozing up in front of a fireplace. Electrical fireplaces are a great option that evokes the feeling and realism of a real fire without the need for fuel, making them suitable to install professionally in any home.
There are many ways to transform your living space throughout the seasons by making small changes to colours, furnishings and accessories.
So what are you waiting for; splash some paint, splurge on some curtains and make your living room a cosy haven this winter!