5 things to consider when planning your family bathroom renovation
The bathroom is one of the most utilised rooms in a household. From getting ready in the morning ‘til preparing for bed at night, the bathroom is always in demand. When planning a bathroom renovation it takes serious consideration to ensure your bathroom is functional.
5 things to consider your family bathroom Renovation
- Your budget. Renovations can be expensive so it is important to start with your budget and stick to it. Determine what you need for your new bathroom and what you want but don’t necessarily need. This will allow you to prioritise your budget.
- Separating the toilet. If your bathroom allows, separating your toilet can maximise functionality. This means that there are no issues with the bathroom being out of action when one person using the toilet.
- The current layout. Try to work with the current layout as much as possible as bathroom renovations spike in price when plumbing has to be moved. If you can keep the toilet, sink and draining spaces where they are then you will already be saving some serious dollars.
- Double sink. Double sinks mean half the time for a family to get ready in the morning! This means that multiple people can be washing their face or brushing their teeth at the same time and should reduce the queues and screams of ‘ARE YOU FINISHED YET?’
- Hire a professional. One thing that shouldn’t be a consideration, but an absolute must, is hiring a professional for your bathroom renovation. Although there are some things you can do yourself to save costs the last thing you want is a bathroom renovation blunder. You will also need building approval if you move any plumbing, which cans all, be handled as part of your renovation plans. Let the professionals handle the renovation and assist with the finishing touches such as painting.
Research the company and tradespeople you choose, read reviews, check portfolios and ask as many questions as you need until you’re satisfied they’re the right people for the job! The experts at AMS Property Renovations can offer you advise based on your home, budget and needs of your family.