Hot summer outdoor living trends for 2019/2020
Summer is right around the corner and we’ve well and truly reached the time of the year where we want to maximise outdoor spaces! Whether you want to make your outdoor space the perfect entertaining area or an outdoor oasis to put your feet up and read a book there are some outdoor living trends that will be sure to get your outdoor space summer ready!
Summer outdoor living trends
- Mixed materials. Using a combination of materials such as wood, rope, metal and different fabrics are popular for outdoor furniture this year. Consider the materials you use and how they’ll stand up to the outdoor elements, you want your outdoor space to last you many summers to come.
- Low seating areas. Think deep, low-set furniture that is perfect for lounging. It is all about comfort as well as practicality. You want to be able to sit, relax and lounge on our outdoor furniture to really maximise your space.
- Greenery. Plants and greenery work well with the mixed materials and neutral tones that are so on trend for this year. Think leafy plants rather than flowers to emphasise your outdoor living space.
- Neutrals. Neutrals are timeless which means you won’t have to think about changing your outdoor furniture for a long time. Neutrals also work well with the coastal look, which is still proving popular and shows no signs of going anywhere anytime soon.
- Bring the inside out. Maximise your outdoor space by making it an extension of your indoor living area. Ensure your outdoor furniture is as comfortable as your indoor furniture so you can spend long summer days lounging outside! Add rugs, side tables, lamps and coffee tables – there are no limits to what you can include in your outdoor space!
If you’re looking to renovate talk to the team at AMS Property Renovations today!